Manic Monday Freebie

Four weeks into the school year and I am just beginning to feel like I have a grasp on things and can take some time to blog!  

After some initial assessments, I realized that my 2nd graders are still struggling with recognizing tens and ones.  So, I had them do this last week while I worked with another group, and they were able to get started and succeed (even my low ones) with a minimum of instruction.  

They use two dice (or they can roll one die twice) to make a two-digit number.  They write the number in the small box, and draw the number (using tens and ones) in the larger box. The file has two pages: a direction sheet (the picture shows black and white, but it is in color) in student-friendly language, and a student recording sheet (I make it double-sided). 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment