Holiday Fun Stuff & FREEBIE

We finished up two holiday crafts that we've been working on for a couple of days now.  They are adorable!  I have had so many teachers stop by my room and ask about them that I just had to share.  The first one is from Surfin' Through Second and is called Elf Yourself!  Head on over for a template.  Here is how my student elves turned out:


I have them put up outside my door and I can hear kids and teachers chuckling every time they walk past!

The other project we completed is to give to our parents for Christmas.  I got the idea from Classroom DIY, but I changed it a little bit.  If you click on the link you will find complete instructions.  Here's how ours came out:





Classroom DIY had her (?) students do a subway art style tile.  Since my students are 2nd graders, I had them create a drawing instead.  I made a tile-sized template for them to draw on.  They made their drawings in pencil, I outlined them in Sharpie, and then they colored them in with Sharpies.  I completed the rest of according to Classroom DIY's instructions.  My students will be taking them home on Friday to give to their parents for Christmas.  I'm very pleased with how they came out, and I think their parents will be tickled.

Thanks for the fantastic ideas Classroom DIY and Surfin' Through Second!

I also have a freebie for you: a Las Posadas mini-book.  I made this a couple of years ago to help my students understand the Mexican tradition of Las Posadas.  I hope you like it!  Click here to get it.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment