Picture Rubric

I had an epiphany today; if I want my students to create better illustrations, I need to teach them what I expect!  (Hey, it's Friday of the first week of school, and I'm tired!).  I had an idea in the back of my mind of what I wanted, and I had seen it somewhere, but I couldn't remember where, so I created my own picture rubric:

 Sorry, this first one is a bit blurry, but there are clearer ones to come.  I just wanted you to see how I put the whole thing together.





Now, after my students have illustrated their writing, I ask, "What do you think of your illustration?  Is it a 1, 2, 3, or 4?"  And depending on their self-assessment, I can send them back to their seat to add more.  The quality of their illustrations has improved dramatically.  Sorry, but there is no template for this one;  If you want your students to see what you expect then you need to draw the pictures. but as you can tell, stick people work just fine!  It took me about 15 minutes to create, lamination and all.

Photobucket

1 comment: