Star Viewers

We started learning about constellations today.  The kids had great fun looking through the star viewers to see the different constellations.  Star viewers are easy to make.  I sent out a plea for empty, clean tin cans.  Within about two weeks, I had over 50!  I filled them with water, and froze them.  Using patterns that I had found by googling constellation images, I punched holes in the bottom of each can using a roofing nail and a hammer.  I labeled them with a Sharpie, and set them aside to thaw.  When they were all dry, I taped a short explanation of the constellation, and what it looked like (you can see these on the cans below).  Again, I got this information by googling.  The kids have a great time looking through them and talking about what they see.

No comments:

Post a Comment